Monday, August 4, 2008

Big Picture Story Bible: 5 Stars

I know that there are a lot of children's bibles out there but this one is a must have! This book does just what the title says, it explains the "Big Picture". You will not find Jonah in this book, but what you will find is the overarching story of God's relationship with his people. It took me about 30 minutes to read it from cover to cover (the illustrations are great) and when I was finished I just thought, "Wow, this is what it is all about." It does cover new and old testament promises of God and ultimately how they will all be fulfilled. I was even saying to my mother in law that it would be a great book to share with new believers (or unbelievers) because it does a wonderful job of conveying who God is. A missionary friend was even telling me he has all the babysitters that come to his house read a portion of this book to his kids. "That way you know even the babysitter in your house is exposed to the word of God."

The book starts out like this: "The Bible is God's story, and it begins with these big words: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Do you know how God created everything? Simply by speaking words. Imagine, making the Earth with words!"

I just love how over and over again this book points out that God told someone to do something, and out of obedience (or disobedience) they did the following thing. The focus of the story is always God's strength not man's.

You can get this book from Amazon for $15.63 and it would make a great gift this Christmas for anyone who has kids.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

i'm adding it to my wishlist!

Anonymous said...

I just bought my own copy - PawPaw & I are reading it together. Awesome the way it points out that God wants to be "the King" in our lives. And we will be so blessed when we let Him!

Betsy said...

We are loving this Bible--thank you again!! I like it much, much better than the new Jesus Storybook Bible (or something like that) that is now on the market. This one is better!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin