Monday, July 21, 2008

Food Processor: 5 Stars

So you might be thinking that this is not a kid related item, but I made 2/3 (maybe even 3/4) of all of my son's babyfood in this thing. My husband has also been making his own Lara Bars in it and they are awesome (and about 1/10 of the price of the real thing). My son loves the bars too, so it makes a healthy treat for all of us.

This particular processor is great because it has two different bowls to process food in. I use to puree small batches of prunes in the small bowl and then puree carrots, sweet potatoes, etc. in the big bowl. It also grates a large block of cheese in about 30 seconds. Home grated cheese tastes so much better than that pre-grated stuff!

I love my food processor and I hope to never live without one again. Here is an awesome "big people" recipe you can make if you have one: Roast Beef with Spicy Parsley Tomato Sauce.
My husband loves this recipe and requests if often.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

We used our blender for baby food, but I think it's because my blender is made better than the food processor attachment that came with it. At any rate, one of these items is a must for kids!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin