- Cafe Des Amis is located in Breaux Bridge and I have only been there for Zydeco Breakfast on Saturday mornings. With items on the menu like Orielle de Cochon, Couche Couche, and Eggs Begnaud (a biscuit with crawfish etoufee and eggs) what Cajun wouldn't want to have breakfast there??
- Meche's has many locations around south LA and they make hands down the best doughnuts ever! As a kid I grew up eating a dozen doughnut holes at a time out of a white paper bag. Now my favorites include original glazed, chocolate glazed, blueberry cake, lemon filled, chocolate filled....aww I love them all!!
- Coffee Call is located in Baton Rouge and makes a great place to stop for beignets and cafe au lait on your way into or out of Lafayette! They have crazy hours, staying open till 2am on the weekdays and 24 hours on the weekends, so anytime you are in Baton Rouge it is a good time to stop in!!
- Another Broken Egg Cafe is a new comer to the Lafayette food scene. If you can cut it in this town, you usually deserve to stay and this is definitely true with this restaurant. The "Flordian" is my favorite item on the menu. It is an omelet with cream cheese, jack cheese, garlic butter, and crab...need I say more? For Dani's graduation we had the brie and it was also fantastic!
- Cajun Sno is located off Johnston street in Lafayette and has the best, juiciest sno cones around. Don't let the size (or condition) of the little shack fool you, the flavors here are spot on. I don't know how they do it, but King Cake and Red Velvet taste like the real thing! There are million flavors (and options) to choose from and I have never been disappointed. My favorite flavor is wedding cake. This is a creamy flavor and I love the taste. It also does not stain every crevice of your mouth when you eat it. If I'm really hungry I get it "stuffed" with vanilla ice cream. Yumm! Be careful when choosing a size though, the cups run rather large.
- PJ's Coffee and Tea was my college hang out and one of my first full-time jobs. I still make iced coffee the way I learned to make it there. I plan on making a stop while we are in town to pick up a couple of pounds of their flavored coffee.