Friday, August 15, 2008

The Emergency Bag: 5 Stars

If I was in the practice of giving more than 5 stars to an item this would be it! My friend Betsy prepared this Emergency Bag for me for my son's first birthday. She recently left instructions on how to build the item on her blog, but I will reprint them here. This bag is meant to stay in your car so that you can use its supplies during an emergency (replenish as necessary). The bag can be any large bag and here is a list of suggested items:
  • Travel pack of wipes
  • Extra diapers
  • Extra onesie or t-shirt
  • Extra plastic bag or two (Betsy found a neat Glad dispenser of plastic bags that is really small.)
  • Old handtowel or something similar (I use a cloth diaper or small receiving blanket.)
  • Travel size sunscreen
  • Travel size bandaids
  • Travel size neosporin
  • Travel size hand sanitizer (be careful to keep this out of the hands of your little ones)
  • Snacks (packs of crackers, pretzels, etc.)
  • Small juice boxes
  • Bibs
  • a Travel pack of toddler ware (spoons and forks)
  • Bottle of water (to use in clean up)
  • Index cards and pen (in case you have to call the doctor and need to write something down)
  • A few small toys or a deck of flashcards (I found a set for less than $3.00 at ToysRUs)
I plan on using this birthday idea for many of my friends out there and being a mom of a one year old I have already used this bag many times!

Thanks Betsy for the great idea!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin